SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
silversword_gw

Jealousy

silversword
14 years ago

I was touched by something in LAMom's post about jealousy. My SM just came for a visit. She brought me a box of candies that she then insisted that I open and eat. And she wanted to eat them with me. RUDE. But whatever. I shared.

Then she comes into the bathroom as I'm cleaning like mad to get my house ready for a family event that was happening in order to cater to her schedule/needs (she's just trashed the bathroom after I straightened it the first time, and taken her sweet time getting ready, never offering to help out so I can do more than run a brush through my hair). She takes out a BEAUTIFUL dress. Absolutely stunning. I thought it was for me at first. It's pretty small, and it's in my colors. (she's pretty large and dark haired, I'm small and light haired) She's standing in the doorway of the bathroom (standard size bathroom... ie tiny) thrusting this beautiful dress at me (taking up half the space) and I'm trying to say how great it is... realizing, because I've known her a long time, that the dress may not be for me so not to get too excited, and after five minutes of showing me how well made it is and how great the colors are... she tells me, she checked and they have it in a size small at this really great boutique in my town, in case I want to get one for myself.

ROTFLMAOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really? They have one in my size? And I can go buy one? To match you?

Geeeeeeee.... thanks!!!

Jealous? Yeah! She bought a GORGEOUS dress for probably a fortune. My birthday just passed. I got a card from her.

But not really jealous. I wouldn't have bought the dress even if she hadn't bought it first making us look like twins! Too much money, would have to be dry-cleaned, already have enough fancy dresses...etc... BUT, it was the in-my-face flaunting of her acquisition. While I'm doing the grunt work.

Honestly, I wanted to flush her face in the toilet. But I was nice. I put all my stress right in my lower back and smiled at her instead. And she is oblivious. She thought she was doing me a favor telling me where I could go buy the dress!

Comments (18)