Return to the Stepfamily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Own Child

Posted by bobaty (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 26, 09 at 14:10

I was on a few days ago and saw somthing about adoptive parents and step-parents being different that BP. I am adoptied so that really bothered me, my Mom passed away two years ago and while going through her stuff (as I am the only child) I found this little poem. I think that this will aply to SP and adoptive parents now just so every one knows I am a BM also of three wonderfull children and have SKs.

I
Did not plant you
True.
But when the season is done
When the alternate
Prayers for the sun
And for rain
Are counted
When the pain
Of weeding
And the pride
Of watching are through
Then I will hold you
High
A shining sheaf
Above the thousand
Seeds grown wild.
Not of my planting
But by heaven
My harvest
My own Child.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Own Child

Beautiful. I cried reading this.

o

Me too everytime

o

beautiful!!

o

Very nice, it shows her love for you. I would love any child, I don't see how people can favor a child over another. I really miss my sweet little boys.

o

That is really beautiful.

I, too, have been most fortunate in having a stepfather who loves me like I was his own.

It certainly can and does exist. The key thing is going into the situation truly *wanting* to parent, being a "kid person". There are many many wonderful people who have a lot of love to give a child who didn't happen to come from their own DNA. The world is a better place for having those kinds of SP's and adoptive parents in it, they make an enormous difference in the kids' lives. There are several of them who post regularly on this forum, too.

o

Thank you so much for sharing this! I almost just choked on my Diet Coke reading it, I really needed to see that today. =-)

o

so true. My mom's dad wasn't her biodad even though he was the REAL dad. And he was my grandfather even though he isn't biograndfather.
Blood is not what makes us parents/grandparents.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stepfamily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here