SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
doodleboo_gw

bio mom update...good news!

doodleboo
15 years ago

I guess about a month ago my mom gave me a flyer for The Hope House. It is a local bording home for addicted women that is ran off of donations. It is a Christian organization and the women who help council there are all reformed addicts who have found the love of God and transformed into intirely different people. You move in for a year free of cost and recieve counseling from peers and a spiritual make over.

This isn't the first time my mom has given me a flyer for this place. The first time she picked one up at a Doctor's office but we never got it to bio mom. It was during a stretch where she was M.I.A for awhile and the brochure got misplaced. This last time the ladies of the Hope House went to my mom's tiny little hole in wall church to do a presentation. Just the fact they stumbled on the church is a miracle!

My mom spoke with one of the head counselors who gave her testimony. She was worse off than BM. Prostituting for drugs and in serial abusive relationships. She also had children who were abandoned with another family member as she sunk lower and lower. My mom gave the girl BM's name and the girl said they would pray for her. She said "Not to brag but we have a direct line to god. She may not be ready for us yet but everyone we have prayed for shows up on our doorstep eventually. We will be waiting for her"

I sent the brochure via mail to her. I said in my note "you may not think you need this now but put it somewhere safe and when you hit rock bottom...you know you have a place to go." I put some of the girls art work with it and popped it in the mail. She never mentioned recieving it. This was a month ago.

Today J recieved a text. It said the following:

I am going to the Hope House. I'm waiting for my application. Tell Doodle thank you so so so much for sending me the brochure.

My guess is he hit her again and she is realizing we were right. It is going to keep happening. She must have finally seen the pattern in her life and figured the only way to stop the cycle is to make a change.

We are trying not to be too excited because she has ducked out of rehab many times but this is different. This is a direct result of peoples prayers...I just feel it in my bones. We are beside ourselves with joy. I'm crying....lol. I hope she gets it together finally for the girls.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional