SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2_1sm2_1

Emergancy Contact at Dr's Offices

mom2_1sm2_1
15 years ago

OK, so I know some may not agree with this, but please hear me out...

My son has multiple disibilities and his dad is not willing to help me out when it comes to treating them. He wouldn't take son to a couple of appoinments when I was sick (because it is not his "parenting time",)and he thinks that the feeding therapy is a waste of time, but he is two and still is unable to eat anything other than a puree.

I am not too confindent that if it came to a point where I could not make the medical decisions for my son and his dad was left to that he would make the right decision. He does not know much about his conditions because he thinks that I am over reacting and every thing is ok. I tried to explain things to him on how to maintain his weight (he has Failure to Thrive and in the 3rd% on the preemie growth chart)but it goes in one ear and out the other.

I was suggested by my lawyer and by some of you to not let him go to his dad's if he can't abide. But I still am up int the air on that one - not quite sure what to do at this point. I need a beak from taking care of him, it is a lot of work but then again he is not cared for correctly at his dad's.... I keep going back and forth because son also needs to know his dad.

So anyway, I would like to take his dad off of his files at the doctors offices. At least make it so he is not an emargancy contact. I am not doing this in any means to get back at him, but because I don't trust his judgment. Is this legal, is it somehting that can be done? I would trust my mother with my son more than the the boy's dad.

What do you think?

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz