SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ceph_gw

Nightmares gone - update

ceph
15 years ago

Anybody remember when I posted about A__ having nightmares and night terrors?

They seem to be gone.

He hasn't had a screaming, sweating terrified episode at our place since before Christmas. I don't know about at BM's.

He's always had the odd "bad dream", and still has those once in awhile (he turns on his lamp and goes back to sleep). I expect he will continue to have those.

But no full on nightmares, night terrors or fakes in about two and a half months!!

I'm so happy!

FOR THOSE WHO DON'T REMEMBER OR WEREN'T AROUND BACK THEN:

My almost-10yo SS, A__, has had "bad dreams" all his life. He would wake up a little afraid, but know it was a dream and could usually go back to sleep without parental intervention.

But for about six months he'd been having full-on nightmares in the middle of the night, where he'd wake up terrified, drenched in sweat and YELL for us to come to him.

And for a few months, he'd also been having night terrors, ~30 minutes after he fell asleep. He'd be thrashing, screaming incoherently, but still asleep. Once one of us would get to him and hold him to calm him down, he'd go back to calm sleep without ever having woken up. if we woke him up, he'd disoriented, scared and his heart would be pounding out of his chest.

He also faked it. If he didn't feel like going to sleep, he'd call for us about 3 minutes after lights-out, claiming to have fallen asleep right away and have had a bad dream.

BM's side of the family lets him watch and play terribly inappropriate "entertainment".

He's had some major changed in his life in the past year.

But I just wanted to give an update, and thought I should give the background for those who didn't know it.

Comments (6)