SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gret1_gw

Need Help and Suggestions

21 years ago

My ex is coming to visit our kids after not seeing them for several years for various reasons: mostly because he has been in a downward life spiral. I think he is getting his life back in order. He absolutly hates my SO who we all live with. He feels that he "stole his family" This is not the case. We did not meet until after we were separated. We have been divorced since 1998 and he refuses to accept any of it. He tells the kids that he still loves their mom yet any talk we have he comes from an adversarial (sp) position.

He told me that he will be coming for the WHOLE summer. Now keep in mind he is very very behind on his support. In fact he has paid nothing in over three years.

I asked him to please be respectful regarding the SO when he comes to our home to pick up the kids ( who are 14 & 19 and really don't want to see him). He said he is not going to go when the SO is there. I thought that might be kind of difficult considering the SO LIVES there.

I tried to impress upon my ex the importance of getting along with the "other adult figure" in their childrens' lives. He is still a very angry person and refuses to hold him self accountable for contributing to the failure of our marriage.

I thought about sending him some books that might help him understand things from the children's point of view and the importance of being adults around his children.

Any suggestions and help would be so appreciated.

Gretchen

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor