SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mommyof5_2010

How do I bond with my stepdaughter?

mommyof5_2010
14 years ago

I am engaged to the most amazing man! I have 3 children from a previous marriage. I have a 10 yr old son and 7 yr old boy/girl twins who absolutely adore him. He is an awesome stepdad to them. He has a 4 year old daughter from a prev marriage and we have a 4 month old son together.

His daughter only comes over holidays and in the summer. When she is here she clings to him and whines and is a total brat. I know some of that is 4 yr old behavior but for some reason it annoys me more than if one of my kids did that. He and I are very strict with all the other kids but I am the only one who will dicipline her. When he is at work, she stays with me and she acts fine during the day, she is so well behaved, but the minute daddy walks in, she turns into a whining brat. I play with her during the day and we get along fine. When my fiance and I discuss the feelings I am having toward her, he gets very defensive and usually doesn't talk to me for awhile. We never fight unless it is about her.

We are supposed to get married in 3 months but after this visit, I wonder if that is the best idea.

Please help!!!!!!!!!!

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert