Return to the Stepfamily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HTML Help!!

Posted by pseudo_mom (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 12, 10 at 11:38

Those of you who know how to put pictures and hightlight text could help out the rest of us who cannot.

Two things I would love to be able to add to "some posts"

Beating a dead horse

and

Not touching this one with a 10 foot pole :)

Any help would be appreciated

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HTML Help!!

In order for the HTML coding to show, you have to not enter them correctly... So I've put periods . in place so they will show. To get it to work, take out the period .

<.i> to start the italics and <./i> to end the italics.
<.b> to start bold and <./b> to end bold
<.font color=blue> or whatever color you want to start color and <./font> to end the color

For hyperlinks:

<.a href="web address">Whatever you want to name the link that will show up as your hyperlink<./a>

So I could put <.a href="http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/followup.cgi">HTML Help!! Link<./a> and it would show up looking like this:

HTML Help!! Link

For pictures:
<.img src="picture source address">

would look something like this

<.img src="http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20100310/capt.169e243f39e4445389ccae87944ea7c8.women_of_courage_dcgh124.jpg?x=213&y=145&xc=1&yc=1&wc=410&hc=279&q=85&sig=4M_IKcoiLUGNSVb3xYR10g--">

To get a picture off the web, right click and say "copy image location" and then CTRL + V to get the address in GW.

Use the preview to see what it looks like, and make adjustments as necessary.

There's a bunch of info on this, but these are the easiest and once you learn them the other ones are super easy to learn.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stepfamily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here