SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

Babying too much

mom2emall
15 years ago

IMA's post about the dramatic reaction from family about her sd's period made me think of another dramatic thing that recently happened.

I had dinner at our house with some family members last week. They brought along their 2 1/2 year old daughter. And the way they handled her drove me and hubby nuts!

Instead of putting her in the high chair we had they sat her in one of our good chairs (because they said she refuses to sit in high chairs--even though they did not attempt to put her in it). So there was not enough chairs for us all...the mom stood next to the chair to eat her food!

She had a bottle with her dinner because they say she refuses to use sippy cups. After dinner the pacifier was immediately placed in her mouth. During dinner the mom stood next to her and fed her. The girl would throw food on the floor and cry and then mom would go get her something else.

After dinner we went to the family room and the 2 1/2 year old was playing with toys she brought over. When the mom sat down the child cried right away and the mom picked her up right away and frantically tried to stop the crying. Then the dad said they do not let the child cry EVER!

The child sleeps in their bed at night. One of them HAS to go to bed when the child does because otherwise she will not go to sleep. And if the child falls asleep and wakes up to nobody in bed with her she "gets scared" so that is why one of them has to go to bed when she does.

Is it me or are they letting a 2 1/2 year old run their home??

Me and hubby found it ridiculous and talked about it a lot after they left!

Comments (26)