SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

Stepmom issues

mom2emall
15 years ago

I am having issues with my own stepmom. At times I have felt like she is jealous of my father's relationship with me and my youngest sister. He used to stop at my house often during running errands until she complained so much he stopped. My youngest sister has a different mother and her mother died when she is young. My dad has overcompensated that for he whole life and has always done too much for her. I know that my stepmom resents that. She often gets angry when he gives my sister money and says that he spends more on her than on their child they have together. I partially understand her feelings, but I partially think she is being selfish. Especially since he pays her daughter from a previous marriages cell phone bills and splits both of her kids private school tuitions with their dad (my stepmom does not work).

Anyways my sister was at my dads the other day and was upset becuase her roommate was supposed to move out last weekend (they have not been getting along and the girl has not stayed there in a month or payed any bills...just left her things there). Her friend did not show and my sister was saying she wanted my dad to help her change her locks so her ex roomate had to get her things only when my sister was home. My dad agreed to help.

Then my stepmom piped up with "well who is paying for new locks?" It is one lock that needs to be changed...the deadbolt! You don't have to spend tons of money to get one. So my sister got mad and told my stepmom to stay out of it and began calling my stepmom names. My stepmom lashed back and called my sister a whore and piece of sh**. My sister is pregnant and was seeing someone when she got pregnant. Problem is that her and her ex slept together once during that. So my sister is not sure which one is the father and told both guys the truth. So that comment really upset her and she slapped my stepmom after she said that. Then my stepmom clawed my sisters arm. My dad broke it up and told my sister to leave. Without my dad knowing my stepmom called the police and they showed up to let my stepmom press charges!

My dad got her to not press charges. They called me last night and told me about it and so did my sister. I told them all that both of them were wrong for the things they said and for getting physical. I blame them both. My sister should know better and let her anger get the best of her and so did my stepmom who is supposed to be the adult.

Anyways my stepmom told my dad that she is no longer doing family dinners but he could if he wants to (while I was on the phone). He told her to calm down and they would talk later and she was yelling about it! I told my dad that I could have my sister over a different day for family dinners so they could keep their day we usually do it.

Now I am mad at my stepmom. She cancelled on our last family dinner saying she was sick. My sister had stopped over there that day and said the cough was very mild.

I feel like she is trying to make my dad choose her or us. I have tried to be nice to her. I have never said anything mean to her. I have always talked nicely about her to relatives. I have not mentioned her gambling problem to relatives and my dad is not contemplating claiming bankruptcy becuase he is having problems. He will not admit she gambles too much....but she is at the gambling places at least once every two weeks. He swears that her mother pays for this because they go together. She always gets free rooms and meals...so I doubt she is not a big gambler to get those comps all the time.

I am just so frustrated!!!!!

Comments (5)