SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
helpwiththis

aggrevated

helpwiththis
15 years ago

My sd 13 is in chorus. She has chorus 4 days a week after school. Last weekend she participated in a contest for chorus. She performed a solo and then performed a duet with her friend at contest.

Then yesteday she comes home with a note about a contest this weekend where the whole chorus sings together. It is for Sunday morning at like 8am. I asked her if she has known about this and she said no. I asked her if she has had any other notes about this and she said no. It was on a chorus calendar from the beginning of the year, but that calendar has EVERY chorus event all year and does not specify which grade's chorus it is talking about. So I never thought it was for her because I never received any other info on it.

I e-mailed her teacher and she said that she has been talking about it every day in practice for months and has sent home other notes about it????

Problem is that my hubby and I are going out of town this weekend for a wedding. We are leaving the girls with relatives out of town near the wedding (5 hours away). The wedding is Saturday night and my hubby and I are staying in a hotel attached to the reception location. There is really no way for us to be back in town in time unless we left the reception early to pick up the girls and come home that night! And we already made reservations at the hotel and it is too late to get all our money back.

Plus if it is not important enough for my sd to pay attention to then why should we ruin all our plans for it?

I e-mailed the chorus teacher to explain it all and she is not happy...but what can we do?? Any friends she has in chorus are not friends she has had sleepovers with before so we can not leave her at their home to go with them in the morning.

I am so aggrevated with her right now!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz