SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovehadley

Have to share about our trip

lovehadley
14 years ago

DH did not go on vacation with us and I DID take SS out of the country by myself! :)

I was SHOCKED that BM agreed to it. Initially, she said no, but SS really stood his ground and insisted to her that he WANTED to go on the vacation. She relented, and that was when I asked you all about traveling internationally with stepchild, documents, etc.

We printed out that form KKNY found and it worked beautifully. Honestly, the only person who ever asked to see it was the US Airways rep! Immigration never asked, not entering the Carribbean island, or returning to the US.

Anyway, SS had a GREAT time. It was SO NICE for me to spend a week with him without DH. I know that sounds weird, but SS related to me so much differently than he does at home. He was sweet and very well-behaved and treated me like a parent in a way he never has before. I think it was overall just a really good bonding experience for him and I, plus it was great for him to spend time with my mom, and my grandparents and extended family. He really likes them.

Both DD and SS had a great trip and I am so glad it all worked out!

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz