SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovehadley

SS is starting to see...

lovehadley
14 years ago

He is really starting to view his mom more clearly! This is not to say he doesn't love her, of course he does...BUT...he has for sure removed the rose-colored glasses. He doesn't believe everything she says and he's starting to see that she's a little....wacky.

Last night...I picked the kids up from school. DH has ben working later lately---we're going on vacation next week and he's trying to get everything tied up before we take off.

So he got home around 6:30, we ate dinner, kids took baths, and then DH went down to the basement with them to play the Wii.

Around 8 pm, we were putting them to bed and, like ALWAYS, DH handed SS the phone and said "here, call your mom to say goodnight."

A minute later, SS came out of his room holding the phone, and looking all angry/exasperated. BM was still talking and DH and I could HEAR her ranting to him, she was so loud!

"WHY didn't you call me earlier?"

"I haven't talked to you at all since you got home!"

"I was worried sick!"

"I am so mad at you and your dad!"

And SS kept interjecting "But MOM, we were playing the Wii..SORRY...we didn't hear the phone ring...MOM, I'm calling you NOW."

But he wasn't apologetic, or guilty sounding, he sounded disgusted and angry.

And then the psycho HUNG UP ON HIM after she got done chewing him out.

I was totally expecting him to cry, poor guy, but he didn't...he honestly was just shaking his head in disgust and he just shrugged his shoulders.

How AWFUL is that that she lays into her son for---GASP--being out of touch for 4.5 hours?!

Then she called this morning to "apologize" and DH put SS on the phone. I wasnt there, but DH said he could hear BM sniffling and crying and she kept asking SS over and over if he was mad at her.

I would bet a bunch of $$$ she's drinking!

As painful as these things may be for SS, I think in the long run it is GOOD for him. I've noticed with him more and more when she calls several times a night he doesn't want to get on the phone with her. He'll groan and say "but I just talked to her." I think DH needs to help SS be firmer. The prob now is that DH will MAKE him get on the phone with her.

Comments (15)