SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ashley1979_gw

Maybe I'm imagining Things....

ashley1979
15 years ago

Hello everyone! I haven't been able to be on here for a while, but I wanted an opinion on something that happened this past weekend. I'll give you just the facts so you can give me an honest and unbiased answer.

About 2 months ago, my SO's DD joined a competitive cheerleading squad. The practices were mandatory and that was the reason given to SO for why his DD couldn't visit. She hasn't been here since New Year's Eve.

She was supposed to have a competition this past weekend so SO has had plans to attend since the beginning. My DS and I couldn't attend due to prior plans so SO was going alone.

Well, the competition was cancelled due to his DD getting booted from the squad two weeks ago for something completely out of her control. She was upset and understandably so. But SO decided to go anyway. He hasn't seen his DD in almost 4 months and misses her greatly.

I'm not sure if any of you know, but last weekend was pretty crappy here in Texas and New Mexico and Oklahoma. Cold weather, rain, ice, and snow. SO left on Friday and got stopped for the night at a road block. Had to spend the night and wait for the roads to get plowed. So he left the next morning. By the time he got there, it was 24 hours before he had to leave to come back.

Here's the thing I need the opinion on.......When he arrived, BM was having a BBQ at her home with her family and friends. If she knew that SO would be there, why would she schedule a BBQ with her family there?

Thanks for your help!

Comments (14)