SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovehadley

Along the lines of school issues...

lovehadley
14 years ago

Would this annoy you? I find myself feeling really irritated with DH & SS and I am not sure it's necessarily SS's fault.

SS was with BM from Friday-Wed. We got him back yesterday after school and he will be with us until Monday. DH usually goes through SS's school papers around bedtime (8 pm, or so.) (SS does not have homework in 2nd grade, aside from 15 mins of daily reading and reviewing spelling words.)

There is a weekly report that comes home from the teacher on Fridays. DH and BM each have a folder with pertinent info. and the weekly report is in the folder.

So since BM picked SS up from school on Friday, yesterday was the first time DH had seen the weekly report from last week.

There was a note on it that said something about his focusing being a bit better last week and was he working on his musical instrument?

DH said "What is your musical instrument?" and SS said "oh yeah! I forgot. It's due Friday. I have to make one." I said that we could probably mak a shaker out of paper plates, and beads and SS said no, the instrument has to be made out of plastic materials.

WELL, this is the first either DH or I had heard about any of this. UGHHHH. Of course, at 8pm, it was too late to do anything about it, so today I guess I have to google and figure out what kind of instrument SS can make out of plastic and go buy the materials. I'm still thinking a shaker w/plastic plates?

WHATEVER. I am annoyed! So this morning SS was moaning around the house about how this HAS to be done tonight, and he must have told DH 3 or 4 times "don't forget to get my things, Dad, so i can make it."

AUUGHHH.

1.) I wanted to say to him, "hey guess what, buddy, it's NOT your dad who's going to handle this problem, it's me, so if you'd like the issue handled, then you need to speak to me about it...not whine to Dad and then give him the credit when your supplies magically appear." BUt does DH say any of this to SS? NO. So I should probably be annoyed with DH! And I am, don't get me wrong!

2.) I probably should be more annoyed with BM. IMO, this project at the very least should have been started with her, since he was with her for 5 days. OR a heads up to us from her would have been nice.

I am just at a loss here. I would be really upset with my DD if she neglected to tell me about a project until right before it was due...BUT in fairness to SS, DD is ALWAYS with me, so I am able to better stay on top of her assignments. It IS hard with SS being gone for long stretches. I mean, really, he wouldn't or couldn't have said anything to us about this project b/c he was with BM.

VENT!!!! Maybe this is just one of the perils of shared custody?

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Pickerington