Return to the Stepfamily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brand new to this

Posted by abigstep (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 14, 09 at 6:22

Hello all. I'm so glad I found this forum because I thought I was going through this alone...but no! I've read most of the posts and have found people that know what I'm thinking and feeling. Very cool. I'm very new to the blended family. I've been in this relationship for 7 months. My guy has 2 kids and I have none of my own so it was instant family from day 1. Very scary. And still is. Some days are wonderful and I think "No problem" then the next day there's some drama either with his kids, his ex or his parent. Then I feel I'm back at square one. I have no idea how to deal with kids but I'm learning...fast. I do enjoy them, most of the time, but it's so stressful!! And his ex, don't even get me started.
Anyway, thanks for letting me vent. I'm sure there will be more of that :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brand new to this

Welcome - you are in good company. I hope you will find comfort and advice here.

o

Hi there, how old are your skids? I have 2 aged 11 and 12 and they are 2 lovely girls. I've got no kids of my own either. You are so not alone, and it is good to be here!!
:-)

o

Welcome! I am a biomom to one and a full-time stepmom to 3. We are not even close to being the brady bunch..but we do well!

o

My skids are 2 and 8 year old boys. We just had a great night together last night and when that happens, I'm on cloud nine. But then I wait for the fall-out from the X-wife. There's ALWAYS something. I call her MOTY, because mom-of-the-year she isn't! But that's under my breath of course :)

o

Welcome! I'm biomom to one and Sm..only by title to 2 skids. girl 13, boy 10. Both good kids...with their own issues of course.:)
I say sm by title because apparently they've been taught i'm nothing to them and we are not their 'real' family. Doesn't bother me like it did a few years ago...less responsibility the way i see it. So yes, i treat them as 'guests' in my household and only that. Its sad. But reality and how bm has trained them. Dont worry...pay back is a bleep...and her daughter is dishing it to her as i write.

o

Hi and welcome! I am a BM to a 6 (7 next month) year old DD and my SS is turning 7 next week.

It is an up and down road being a step-parent.

Glad you found this forum!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stepfamily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here