SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
liesbeth_gw

To Sminnj

liesbeth
15 years ago

Hi there,

You were asking about Borderline Personality Disorder. The website to visit is www.bpdfamily.com

BPD is very different from bipolar, it is based on the fear of abandonment and it does not have the Manic side, but often it does go hand in hand with depression and/or substance abuse.

Of course you have to be very careful to start 'diagnosing' people so I'd like to say that we don't know if BM has BPD. I talk about it here, because it's anonymous and lets face it; FDH has dealt with BM's rage for over 12 years now + BM has 13 of the 15 traits of BPD so really..we are pretty confident she's got this disorder.

The above website is very helpful and provides lots of info. Somebody from this forum put me on to it as well :-)

It's not recommended that you start diagnosing yourself, so therefore we would never bring it up with friends or family, and of course NEVER with the skids, but if you recognise the behaviour Sminnj then it is still a very helpful resource in learning how to deal with that behaviour (she spoke wisely...)

A good book on cr*ppy divorces is Divorce Poison by Richard Warshak, also very helpful.

Check it out and hope this helps,

Liesbeth

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Moda Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living