SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yabberu

special dinner..

yabber
14 years ago

I shake my head, this is so petty, but I'll tell you guys anyway :-)

Every year in March/April BM goes in overdrive and interrupts every single time the skids are supposed to be with us. She really goes OUT OF HER WAY to make everything as hard as possible. Why, we still don't know.

The skids are worn out and withdrawn, we feel the stress as well, it's not good but we hang in there and May can't come soon enough..

We've already had BM organise a small holiday in our long weekend with them, they had to go to a school party with BM on our weekend (I mean, just the thought of US driving skids to school party is unacceptable of course..haha), and the sick-card has been played (kids need to be sick and stay with BM for 4 days longer, after all they can't be sick at our place and still go to movies/ shopping etc).

BM always suggests to the skids that FDH can have make up time later but then when FDH does request it she's already busy, has something planned herself etc etc. FDH never gets make up time, long story short, and therefore he usually doesn't try to organise it anymore, no point.

As you may or may not know we don't do tug of war anymore, we let the skids go when BM pushes and pulls.

I shake my head today because of what happened last might. For the first time in ages we had requested SD12 could stay for an extra hour. Yes people, a WHOLE HOUR. I know, we were pushing it a bit ;-)

This is because SD12 had guitar lessons, which FDH takes her to, and we had some family over so SD12 would've liked to stay for dinner after her lesson, and then go back to BM (instead of straight after the lesson).

It was all organised, and then the most unfortunate thing happened. BM 'forgot' about our dinner and happened to have bought some special stuff herself since she was going to have a special dinner last night. Ha! BM rarely even cooks a meal, let alone a 'special' meal. Surprise surprise!!

SD12 was that stressed out about it when FDH picked her up that she burst into tears as soon as they drove off. She was so worried we were going to be angry. This is the kind of pressure BM puts on them, and this is the subtle message that she gives SD12, because when we get angry BM has a field day and doesn't it prove to SD12 that we are the bad guys for getting angry? But FDh did not get angry and I took a deep breath as well so all is good.

No need to say we took SD12 home after guitar lessons and explained to family that it's March, so I don't even know why we thought we had a chance...pfff

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource