SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
justnotmartha

what do we do to 'fix' this?

justnotmartha
15 years ago

So BM calls today (her visitation weekend) to see what we thought about SD14 highlighting her hair. We had already talked with her that would be something to save for starting highschool in a couple months - she's wanted them for a bit. When I reminded BM of that she got a pouty tone (with SD in the car next to her) and said 'Okaaay. I just thought it would be something nice she and I could do together." So I said fine, do whatever. BUT, we are not going to be responsible for the cost of the upkeep. If she wants these she is going to need to figure that out. Then BM said they had stopped at a 'fast food' hair place and they were more than she wanted to pay, so they were going to try a box. I just said that's your call and got off the phone.

Fast forward a few hours and SD is texting me saying her hair looks grey and horrible and she's upset. She sent me a picture, and though it's hard to tell with the light, it does look pretty dull and grey. SD wants to know what to do now, and I told her she has to live with it as putting more box dye on it will only fry her hair.

So, of course the only way to fix it is take her to my salon and pay to have it professionally corrected. I don't really care about the cost as far as spending the money, but I care about the principle. Why should we have to pay to right the wrong BM created, especially one she knew we didn't really support? Should we just make SD live with it? SHould we tell BM she has to pay for our salon trip?

Grrr. It's always something.

Comments (27)