SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

Sons friend drama.....

mom2emall
14 years ago

I posted a while ago about my ds's ex friend who was homeschooled for a while and returned to school. The mom had called me to ask me to have my son show him around and be that friendly face. Well my son kept up his end of the deal with me and was nice to the boy when he returned, even though my son did not like this boy anymore.

But the boy acts really immature. He cries a lot in school (which I wittnessed firsthand when I stopped in the office one day to drop something off and he came barreling into the office hysterical about something) and my son says he does wierd things. My son was in the bathroom and the boy got into the stall next to the one my son was in and stood on the toilet and was looking over at my son using the restroom. My son told him that was gross and immediately told the teacher about it. The boy also walks up to my son and others and tickles them. And the boy picks his nose and chases students with his boogers! We are talking about 12 year olds....not 5 year olds! My son said he ended up telling the boy, in front of his other friends, that he did not want to be friends with him because of the way he acts.

The next day the boy came to school and told my son that his whole family hates my son because he disrespected them all by being mean to him. That was a week ago and the boy has not been in school since. We have seen him out playing in his front yard though, so I do not believe he is sick.

I told my son that I understood how the boy embarassed him and that it was okay for him to tell the boy he did not want to be friends with him. I also told him that he should not make fun of the boy or join in any teasing. I also feel bad thinking that this boy is not coming to school maybe because he knows he is disliked by so many kids. But on the other hand I feel like his parents should have showed him more appropriate behavior and they did a lot of harm by cutting him off socially when they took him out of school for a few years.

Do you think I should call his mom to see if he is okay? Maybe he has chickem pox or something and I am thinking too much into it all? If it is that he does not want to go to school maybe it would be helpful for me to tell her the things other kids are saying bother them so she could talk to him about appropriate behaviors?

I just feel bad for this boy because no matter how he acts I don't ever like to think of a child feeling like they have no friends and do not fit in. But I know my son does not want to hang out with this boy and I don't want to give the mom the idea that he does.

Should I call the mom or just stay out of it??

Comments (8)