SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
helpwiththis

i let my anger and opinions get the best of me tonight

helpwiththis
15 years ago

Background for anyone who is not familiar:

I have a 13yr old sd and a 12 yr old bd. We have custody of my sd and her bm is in and out of her life. Visits, then blows off visits. Calls and soon after her phone number no longer works. Has loser boyfriends. Forgets holidays and birthdays.

Anyways today bm finally called after well over a month of not calling. SD was so sweet to her on the phone and got off the phone talking about how bm is going to do this and that and bla bla bla! Then she spent the day being a disrespectful snot to me.

I had it tonight. I told her that I am the one here with her everyday doing all the fun and not so fun mom stuff. I am the one helping support her instead of spending my money on myself. I am the one who drives her around and attends school and activity events. I said we have told her mom about lots of events and she can't show up to one? But we go to EVERY event! I asked her if it would be possible for her to live with her mom and we will call every month or so and keep all our money for ourselves. Her mom can drive her all over and help her with homework and make her dinner. Her mom can do her laundry and go to her school for conferences. Her mom can do it all!

She cried.

Now I am laying in my room feeling like a real jerk. I was so angry earlier. It just makes me so mad that this lady has no responsibility for her child but I have lots of it! I can not even have a weekend away with my husband. I can not tell you the last day I got to go do something just for me. I got layed off from work and we are trying to pinch every penny and all I hear from sd is "I want" "so and so has this". I just had it tonight. I could not stand having her act like I am the stepmonster and her mom is this wonderful mom!

Now I am embarassed at myself and so mad at myself. I can not take back what I said. It was not lies. But they were hurtful truths.

Comments (13)