SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
perdue2

What's the real problem here?

perdue2
15 years ago

As I read through many of the posts lately, I have found myself wondering something. There seems to be a common thread with many of the issues/problems that people have been asking advice about. Many of the step-parents and parents alike are having difficulties with teenage children. Being a BM of a teen (DD is 13), and a SM to a 13 years old SD and a 14 year old SS who all live with us full-time, I can certainly relate to many of the issues that have been brought up. However, I'm beginning to think that these problems are due more to these children being typical teens more than the fact that they have SP's. Not to say that things don't get exastrabated by the fact that they are not in a traditional family setting. There are times with my own SC, that I am not sure how much is due to the stepfamily situation and how much is due to teenage angst. I think many are too quick to blame it on the steps when it's really just the age that is to blame.

Am I totally off the mark here? I know I am going to get more books on how to handle teens, instead of how to handle stepfamilies!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks