SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

School complaint

mom2emall
15 years ago

I am so aggrevated with the school system in which I live. Before purchasing our house here we looked into the school district. We looked into the state funding, state test scores, income breakdown, demographics, and even saw that they were rated one of the top ten schools in this part of the state.

So a few years into this school and my kids and I are overwhelmed!!

First off I HATE the grading scale.

A 94-100 C 74-79

B+ 90-93 D+ 70-73

B 84-89 D 64-69

C+ 80-83 F Below 64

I think for elementary public school it is harsh. I always had the breakdowns by 10%...so A's were 90-100, B's were 80-90, and so on.

Second I hate the amount of homework. They go to school for 7 hours a day and then come home with homework in almost all subjects each night. Even on weekends they have homework. That bothers me.

Now I see why they were reated so high. Sure kids are doing well on state tests....but they are also burnt out!

My son gets very frustrated almost daily and needs constant help with his homework. My middle sd spends hours each night doing her homework even though she has an IEP and is in some lower classes. My older sd is at the high school and they seem a lot more lax on work. She has little homework because she gets a majority of it done in study hall and she has just always been a great student.

UGGGHH. Anyone else have issues like this?

Comments (14)