SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
triximky

Ex doesn't want disabled fiance around child

triximky
15 years ago

Here's the problem....

I am engaged to a man with a 6 3/4 yr. old child and every time the child sees me, she develops a stronger bond with me.

I am a disabled women with minor limitations due to lupus and my fiance ex feels very uncomfortable with this. She strongly feels that my disability should not be out in the open and that it would hurt 'her child'. Anytime she (daughter) asks any questions, I answer them carefully and tell the dad (just in case) what happened.

I had some minor surgery today (and 'today' is "dad's custody day") and she was very annoyed that the daughter would have to be 'exposed' to this situation. Mind you, the surgery was nothing more than lasering skin in a hospital under local anethsia.

She (mother) drilled me about the 'extent' of the surgery. She asked questions such as: "Will I be taking pain pills while she is there?", "What time is it being done?", and "Why is this procedure done and what happens after this?".

She also written in emails to my fiance about: "How she is worried the long term ill-effects my health will have on her daughter - even though she doesn't mind me driving.", "That I 'might not be in her life long." - funny thing is, I am only 36 yrs. old and she is 48 yrs....hmmmm...

I guess what I am asking is....how should I handle this??? My fiance is still battling with a change in visitation and doesn't want to 'rock the boat', but today I wanted to just b*tch slap her tonight because she was so very inappropriate....asking about 'pain pills' was too much! I am trying to not get too worked up and wait to respond until the visitation is changed, but feel bad because I had been seriously discriminated against in the past.

I guess I am posting this out there to feel a bit better and get other people's thoughts. Thanks.

Comments (11)