SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
incognitomom_gw

Not surprised!

incognitomom
13 years ago

Last weekend ss had a sporting event. I told bm about it over a month ago when she came by to exchange ss's Christmas gift. I only mentioned it because ss was telling bm about his sport and she said she wanted to see him sometime. So I said well he has a tourney on ____ at ___. She said she would request off work and be there! LOL

So tourney day comes. Dh had to work and sd's didn't want to come. Tourneys are an all day thing. I told them bm said she was coming (she had texted 3 days prior for directions). They rolled their eyes and said they wanted to stay home.

So I get ss to tourney and his first match was soon after. We had saved bm seats by us because the bleachers were filling up fast. I texted bm to see if she was ther yet and told her ss's match was about to begin. She then calls me a while later to tell me that she requested off work, but the person that was covering for her called off sick. So her work told her she had to come in.

(I have a hard time believing this because she is a cashier at a store...don't think she requested off a month ago if she had to find her replacement...also had suspicions that bf wouldn't let her take the car or something at the last minute)

Anyways then she starts crying saying that she can't lose her job but she does not want to disappoint ss again. It took all I had to not say that all the kids are used to being disappointed by her! But I didn't. Then she talked to ss and gave him the sob story and he really didn't care. I know he never expected her to come. Then he says that she wants to know when his upcoming tourneys are so she can come!

So should I even bother texting her the info? Or just avoid it until she calls about it?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES