SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

Should I try to help or forget about it?

mom2emall
14 years ago

Well BM was making contact with the kids every few days to a week from December through the first half of January. Now it has been almost a month since she has made contact. The kids talk to their grandparents on bm's side and they told the oldest that bm is not working again.

So it got me thinking. If she is not working she is probably losing the ability to phone the kids again. When I was a single mom I went to school full-time on scholarships and grants (many for being low-income and having a child) and I also got state help with daycare expenses while I worked and went to school. I was also able to get healthcare for my son for free. I may have been able to get housing allowances and food stamps and cash assistance, but at the time I had family to help me so I did not even attempt those.

Anyways I wonder if I should point out these possibilities to bm or her mom in an e-mail. The grandma e-mailed me a few times in the last few months about bm's situation and her disgust with bm. I was thinking what if I sent grandma an e-mail saying the kids mentioned bm was not working again and I know what it was like to have kids and no money and there are lots of assistance opportunities out there to help people start new lives. And then mention how I was able to get assistance with school and childcare, and this may be something bm could do. (I know bm is pretty into the welfare programs so I am sure she is getting cash and food assistance and healthcare still.)

But maybe if bm knew there were programs out there to help get her on her feet she would take advantage of them and get her life together. Maybe even ditch her loser boyfriend!

Am I sticking my nose where it does not belong or would it be beneficial for me to send bm's mom an e-mail pointing out types of assistance that may help bm get on her feet and be a bigger part of my skids lives?

Comments (12)