SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
imamom2

What do you guys think??

imamom2
15 years ago

My heart is breaking and I dont know what to do. Here is the story.

I have been married to my hubby for about 10yrs. 2 yrs ago we found out he has kideny cancer. He has 3 grown daughters. One is Bi-polar and pregnant with her 4th baby. For the whole 10 yrs we have been married, his ex has been rather moody one min. she wants me away from the Grandkids and the next she wants me to take them and raise them.(I think she is bipolar also). Today the youngest SD the one who is preg. with her 4th child, told my husband and myself that her Mom says to not let us see the oldest grandchild which we have taken in and raised most of her life. My DH ex has done this our whole marriage(trying to turn the kids and grandkids against me.

Also my SD is thinking of letting us adopt the baby she is preg. with now. My husband told her that we will only adopt and if something happens to him (cancer) then I can do what I want with the child (move back near my family. Her mother is now saying just give them custody of the child.

I don't like upsetting my poor husband. Even though right now things are pretty good with his health, but it is cancer and at anytime things could change. I told my husband today that I am not so sure I can deal with his kids much longer. I know when and if anything ever happens to my DH that I will no longer be allow to see the grandchildren, and that kills me to think about it. So my way of fixing the issue is to just cut all my ties with his daughters and grandchildren. I know they will not allow me to see the GK if something does happen to him.

It will kill me if something happens to him, and I don't think I can handle have the GK taken from me at that time too.

My question is am I wrong for wanting to cut ties with his kids and grandkids?? I don't want him to not see them I want him to have a realationship with them all. I am sure he will think he has to choose, but I understand they are his family.

Sorry for rambling on and on and thanks for reading

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz