SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kerrieanna

how to get past the negative feelings toward ss?

kerrieanna
14 years ago

I've never dated anyone with their own kids before....(I have 2 myself) and both my kids are very respectful,& mature kids....maybe I was naive thinking all kids were like this?

Back up 7 months ago when they moved in with me...

SS is only 3 months younger than my son, (they are both 11) but he acts like he is 3 yrs old and would throw temper tantrums to get his way....(I'm talking literally throwing himself on the ground and screaming and crying TANTRUMS!) even for little things such as a restaurant putting a orange piece on his plate for decoration ...and he would cry IN the restaurant in protest!! Both my kids would just look at me like 'what is his problem'? they have never seen someone act like this.....

I started talking with dh....told him that when he says no to ss...he needs to MEAN no....if he doesn't Âreally mean noÂ.he needs to give another answer like 'we will see' and then stick to his answerÂ. Dh asked me to help him on how to handle ssÂ..and I gave directionÂand gave adviceÂ..which he faithfully followed and now 7 months laterÂthis boy no longer throws tantrums, he now will say ÂOK after being told no. (in a fake cheerful voice but I see he too is trying)

YouÂd think IÂd be happy and all is now well right? ughÂI wishÂ. There is SOMETHING about this kid that I just can not stand!!! The mere sight of himÂ.the sound of him talkingÂ.his annoying loud fake laughÂ..UGHÂ..

Before I get bashed for saying such horrid things about a kidÂ.I want to say IÂm the first one to know this feeling is wrong (which is why IÂm here looking for advice..and help on how to stop these feelings of hate) I donÂt want to live feeling like this!! And I wish I could have good feelings toward this boy!

I used to look forward to coming home to my nice calm homeÂit was where I was happiest in lifeÂ..but that is goneÂ.I dread coming home nowÂ.hellÂI dread waking up because I know he will be up tooÂ.(he and I are the early risers)

If there is such a thing as past livesÂ.this person WAS my mortal enemy and the friction has passed overÂ.I have never had such a negative feeling toward another human beingÂ..and not even sure WHY.

IÂm almost starting to wish I never married dhÂÂ so I could just suggest separate living arrangementsÂ. :(

Anyone else had that instant hate feeling??? Have you found a way to deal with it???

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts