SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
imamommy

SD's last day..... Friday!!!

imamommy
12 years ago

No, she is not going to live with her mom... though her mom made DH an offer that DH (and SD) refused. haha.

Yes, it is SD's last day at this school. Starting next week, she will not be riding with me... stonefaced & unpleasant, every morning. She will not stand next to my truck, shifting foot to foot until I am ready to leave... then pretends to be asleep as soon as I get in the truck (literally, I timed her once & I had been in the truck for less than 30 seconds & she was "sleeping") as a way to avoid me. No, she will ride the bus from our house in the morning & ride home in the afternoon. She is NOT happy about it... but, then again... in the last two weeks, she has gotten detention twice and currently has several D's in her academic classes. She is passing her elective. she is so proud of her B... in her elective.

Oh, the offer that her mom made....

SD went to BM crying that she didn't want to leave this school and all her friends. She is going back to a school that she went to 3-5 grades so she will know people... they just know her for the things she did when she was there.. bullying, lying, stealing and failing in her classes. Anyway, BM had a solution. She wants DH to put SD in school where BM lives... she wants to put her back in the 6th grade to finish this year, then let her start 7th grade there next year. In essence, she wants DH to hand over custody and put SD back a grade because she is about to finish 7th grade & go into 8th. SD was not on board with that plan, she can't wait to get to high school. (and she looks like she is in high school, so it's likely the other school is not going to put a 13 year old back in 6th grade right now & go along with BM's plan) but that doesn't matter because DH said no because SD said no way. All I had to say about it is, that if SD goes to live with mom, she is not coming back here when mom get's fed up with her. If she gets to mom's & realizes it's not what she thought it would be and wants to come back & get her life in a better place, that's a different story but I know that when BM lived near here, she would have SD for a few days & she'd be calling DH to come get his daughter because she couldn't control her and was frustrated. That was when SD was 5-6 and not an angry, resentful 13 year old she is now.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County