SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jujubee81_gw

RE: I dislike my stepchild, may even hate him at times

jujubee81
14 years ago

I have read this post and have come to the conclusion that I must not be the only women who feels animosity, anger and resentment toward her stepson. I don't really care who judges me but what I can say is that every one is entitled to the way they feel. The problem is not how we feel about the situation but what can we do to fix it? Is counseling going to really help the situation...I don't believe that we were really ever meant to raise other people's children to begin with. Choices were made either by ourselves or others that put us in this situation and I am aware that no one is completely blameless. Where do we go from here? I have been in a relationship with a wonderfully amazing man struggling with a child that I feel is a burden to have around but I love his father.This is something we all have to deal with for the rest of our lives...and those of you who love your step children...well didn't God smile down on you! However, those of us that are struggling now need direction, not finger pointing. It's like the old saying...you're pointing your finger at me though you have three more pointing back at you. Now, those of you who have any POSITIVE things to help us through these trying times...please help.

Comments (5)