SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
almoststepmom

The workings of the male mind.....

almoststepmom
15 years ago

I am not really asking for advice just sort of seeing what everyone else thinks about this. DS moved in with ex last fall. Christmas Day ex told SM that he and DS were moving in with his parents and he wanted a divorce. Now ex and DS live with ex-MIL/FIL. MIL loves having both of 'her boys' living with her. Anyway, DS just came over for the weekend and announced that ex had new GF already and she is 19. DS is 15. I look at a 19 as a child like DS...not someone that I think of dating. Mind you, we were young when we had DS and ex is only 33, but I find it odd. I asked DS if he found it weird that ex was dating someone closer to his age than ex's. DS said that he told ex that she could be his sister and ex got a little ruffled and said 'no way!' What is this showing to DS????? It is a little frightening!

Do you think that ex is wanting to relive teenage years with DS and ex living in what ex calls their 'bachelor pad' (they have a house they are remodeling to move in this spring)?? I know that neither of us had much of a young adulthood because of having a child and then ex left me to marry SM in the same week that our divorce became final. This is the common age he gravitates toward all the other times that ex and SM have split so it is nothing new just not understandable to me. I know that ex's maturity level is not much beyond the 19 year old level IMO but I have a hard time seeing the attraction to what I view as a child. The guys here at work would like to shake his hand and I don't understand that thinking...

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville