SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dfwmom_gw

Ex and his drama

DFWmom
11 years ago

First let me say that I really do wish that bio dad would find a nice lady to settle down with but he has a history of picking women that are the opposite.

I don't understand a grown woman to be jealous of time that a father gives his children. Trust me it's not much time either. I don't understand why you wouldn't want a father to financially support his children.

Maybe this comes from insecurity? If my husband wanted to take the kids out for a day and I could be alone I would be in HEAVEN. Please, please, give me a day to myself.

About the money, bio dad makes more than me & my DH make put together! The CS I get every week is pocket change for bio dad. He's also supposed to provide medical but I've been paying for that for years because bio dad likes to job hop. The only time I ask for any money is if there is something EXTRA needed like sporting fees, school trips, etc. I think that this is fair but I've been told that SM has a problem with this.

Yeah I can cover the costs of these EXTRA things but why should I? Did I create these children myself?

I found this blog that really explains how I feel about child support. I thought some of you might like to read it.
She says this....Child support is not our punishment to you, it's our way of providing the best for OUR CHILDREN...which I think is so true.
http://singlemomsanonymous.blogspot.com/2012/04/child-support-isnt-just-money.html

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts