Return to the Stepfamily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kinda worried about kids reaction to a new baby

Posted by incognitomom (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 14, 11 at 14:28

I am pregnant with my first child with dh. Right now everyone is really excited. The kids all can not wait to have a baby brother or sister in the house. Of course the boys want a boy and the girls want a girl. All the kids are great with my relatives children who are young. But I am a little worried about how everyone is going to react when the baby is actually here.

I have months before I am due, but I still worry. I worry about ds who is my only biochild. Even though he has stepsiblings I worry about how he will deal with me focusing on a newborn. I worry about how my stepson is going to deal with not being the "baby" in the family anymore. My older sd I do not worry about, I think she will be fine. My other sd I am worried about. She has such anger towards bm right now and such anger at the fact that bm has more kids and she feels replaced by those kids. I don't want her to have the same feelings with us.

Any suggestions on how to prevent issues?? Because like I said right now everyone has expressed nothing but excitement, but I am worried about what may be yet to come.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kinda worried about kids reaction to a new baby

Congratulations!!! how great.

I have no valid advice because I only have one child, but based on other family members: sometimes initial reaction might not be what you expected and it could change over time. My nephew acted rather weird when he was told that they will have another baby, he was like "you are going to do what????Huh?" almost unhappy, so they really worried, it turns out he was just in shock. But then he was very happy.

My DD has 3 siblings. She loves them all, but she is the closest with her 1st brother because age difference is not as huge and they can do stuff together, she was already adult when younger two were born and there is not that much in common.

In any case other people might give you better advice than me, I am just happy for you. Hurray!

o
RE: congrats!!!

Sorry I'm so late to notice this post, congratulations!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stepfamily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here