SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
incognitomom_gw

Kinda worried about kids reaction to a new baby

incognitomom
13 years ago

I am pregnant with my first child with dh. Right now everyone is really excited. The kids all can not wait to have a baby brother or sister in the house. Of course the boys want a boy and the girls want a girl. All the kids are great with my relatives children who are young. But I am a little worried about how everyone is going to react when the baby is actually here.

I have months before I am due, but I still worry. I worry about ds who is my only biochild. Even though he has stepsiblings I worry about how he will deal with me focusing on a newborn. I worry about how my stepson is going to deal with not being the "baby" in the family anymore. My older sd I do not worry about, I think she will be fine. My other sd I am worried about. She has such anger towards bm right now and such anger at the fact that bm has more kids and she feels replaced by those kids. I don't want her to have the same feelings with us.

Any suggestions on how to prevent issues?? Because like I said right now everyone has expressed nothing but excitement, but I am worried about what may be yet to come.

Comments (2)