SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
triximky

Does anyone have problems with picky eater???

triximky
15 years ago

I am engaged to a man and we started having his 6 1/2 yr. old child over to our home for long periods of time and are finding out that his daughter is so very, very choosy when it comes to what she eats.

First, we give her a choice of at least 3 different dinners we can make and have her choose which ones she wants to eat. We cook "that meal" and then she says: "I don't like it", "I am going to eat dessert when I go home to mommy's.", etc.

We then found out that the mother gives her one meal and then give her dessert and then she cooks her another dinner that she will eat. She also goes out to eat almost every day and she isn't used to 'cooked meals'.

The mother gave us 'lists' of the child's favorite dinners, but we tried alot of them and they don't work, but we've found out that most of the items listed are either canned items or the 'out to eat version'.

I am sick of watching this child not eating and wasting food and time or having the idea that she will get her dessert after every meal she eats (not a good habit when the mother isn't feeding her well).

It just drives us a bit crazy......

Any ideas or thoughts other than keep going??

Comments (6)