Return to the Stepfamily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thank You

Posted by needingsomeadvice (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 21, 09 at 14:11

Hi,
I have made my mind up and am thankful to all your people out there. My descision wasn't easy but last night the BM wrote a email about child care and asking for more money to pay for child care then what the court has ordered. Well, made me realize she won't ease up and I can't deal with her issues all the time and going in an out of the legal system for a long time. The child is only 13months old poor kid and well I know I may not find a sweeter man to love or care for. However,this is about what I can do and not do.

Thank you to all of you who told me black and white to walk away so I will be moving back home with my parents within the next month and half!!

Hugs and wishing you all the best. I now have a special place in my heart for all you stepmoms and knowing not all do u care for your own children but your other children, the husbands, and BM!! You all are amazing. Thank you from someone who sees the truth and am glad I didn't go and get married but took my time and I know no matter what happens that I will be good because of the people around me and myself and strength

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thank You

I think you made the right choice. You know the saying, If only I'd known back then what I know now.... I just wish I'd listened to everyone that told me not to do it. I'm too stubborn and headstrong. I had my reasons though and I would still do it again but I think I would have had a prenup - yeah, I definitely would have had a prenup outlining a lot of my expectations and what not.

Good luck to you! You will find that special someone that is unattached where you can start fresh. :)

o

smart step. you'll be all right. good luck

o

Good for you - sometimes doing the right thing is the hardest thing. I wish you all the best!

o

Thanks! I am home moved in on Monday now my ex finance is calling people and saying harsh things about me.. guess the true color of his nature has come out! Along with the BM who is now happy and wanting to meet up with him... All I can say is that I am happy,free,hurt and a little sad but my emotions will heal. I didn't do anything extreme and I have grown and learned so much from this experience of being with a man who has a child and having the BM in the picture. I wish them all the best!!
Thank you to all the moms/stepmoms work hard but remember to love your self first and be happy with who you are.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stepfamily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here