SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennmurray_gw

Dealing with boyfriend depressed 15 year old daughter

JennMurray
11 years ago

Hi! The reason I am posting is because I am ready to end my two year relationship with my boyfriend due to his 16 year old daughter. I have been dealing with her drama since him and I started dating. After he had her for the first summer we were together her and her mom filed a police report because he had gotten upset with a nasty post she had posted about him. He had yelled at her and grabbed her arm. There was absolutely no hitting. She would not speak to him for about three months until they went to trial he was found not guilty. She has been going to counseling forever due to no coping skills. The times I have been around her is very depressing. She and I don't get along very well because I am one of those peppy girls that she hates. She uses her father for money and to get whatever she wants. Her mom has been diagnose as bi-polar and borderline. Which plays a lot into what her daughter does to her dad. After this last summer with her dad she told him she was not comfortable with coming over for visitation and that she doesn't want too. In sept this 15 year old then tried to commit suicide. Her dad was there for her every step of the way. Completely supported her and loved her. He is a great dad to her and supports her in all of her activities. A few weeks later it was her weekend with her dad. Well they got into a huge argument about a friend she was hanging with that also tried to commit suicide. He took her phone from her and she told him to give her the f-ing phone. At that point the police were called and her mom showed up. After that her and her mom filed a CPS case for mental and emotional abuse against her father. After he has spent 15k on this case again it was thrown out of court due to no findings of abuse. My problem is I am divorced from a man who created a lot of drama in my life from cheating and physical abuse. The reason I left was because I did not want my daughters to be exposed to that. Plus I was sick of the drama. Now I am exposing my daughters to a different type of drama. I am completely against suicide. All he can talk about is what is happening with his daughter and making excuses for her actions. To me she is a horrible, manipulative individual. I think she knows full well what she is doing but doesn't care who she hurts. I feel like we live and breath the problems his daughter has caused while he continues to make excuses for her. I'm tired of listening to it and I really don't want my daughters around her. She hasn't spoken to him in 5 months. I was recently told once they do come back into contact that it will be just the two of them. This makes me feel like I'm good enough for when she's not around and she can cause all this damage and do what she wants. I'm frustrated and this has taken over our life. I feel horrible but I really don't like her and I don't see a light with her. I want to know I'm not crazy for feeling this way.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH