SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
imamommy

Letting go feels good... but still, she has a lot of nerve!

imamommy
13 years ago

I haven't accompanied DH to pick up SD since around Thanksgiving. I stopped going because I am pretty disgusted at her flaunting her spending in our faces (big Halloween party where she didn't have enough money to transport SD home, etc.) while she hasn't paid her support since she lost her job (she was found to be embezzling while on her maternity leave) so I've stayed away as part of my disengaging. (which is easier said than done sometimes) She's had a few parties, including a huge New Years bash. Good for her. But she owes almost a year in back child support, she has not given DH one penny for SD & won't budge an inch when he wants or needs something... unless of course, there's something in it for her.

Well, last night SD is talking to BM & tells DH that her mom wants to talk to him. I overhear him asking how much farther is it? How long would it take? So, later he tells me that BM is going to a Super Bowl party on Sunday & wants him to drive to where the party is to pick up SD so she doesn't have to leave the party & meet him at her house. The town she'll be in is another 10 miles in the other direction so she's asking him to drive further or take a completely different route, either way it adds over half an hour to his already 6 hour round trip. He told her to text him the address but I didn't hear him say yes. He wants to know where he's going before agreeing to anything which is smart.... although I would have told her to suck eggs on the spot. It's a good thing he's not me, because I know that would only make things worse. lol

As much as I want to ignore it, and really it has nothing to do with me... I am not going so it doesn't have much impact on me, I just think it takes a lot of nerve. She blew off the last two court hearings & has another one on Monday (the 7th) which I doubt she'll come to. She still has a bench warrant that nobody seems to care about and she most likely doesn't even have a license. But, going to a Super Bowl party is a priority... besides the fact that (in my opinion) it's not the best place for kids to be... with people yelling at the screen, cursing, drinking, etc. BUT, I know lots of people have those parties & have their kids around. I'm just not into watching football much so that's not really the point. I'm just irked that she would even ask him to do that for her. She can leave her party, drive SD back to the house on time to get picked up & go back to her party.... I'd feel differently if she ever did anything to make his/SD/our life easier... or pay something toward the support of her daughter. OR BE A MOTHER TO HER DAUGHTER~ Something!

and it really bugs me that I'm even irked. Like I said, it's not MY problem & I have nothing to do with it... except witnessing what she puts SD & DH through with her self-centeredness.

I just needed to vent.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!