SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ashleey__

Time for a change

ashleey__
10 years ago

My mom met my stepfather when I was 2 years old and my sister was 5. He was a nice guy and would always do things for me and my sister. Things were always fine between the whole family. Even my biological dad got along with him.

When I was 10 my mom had her first child with him. That is when things began to change. He began to treat us different. He got angry at us for little things and would make us put my little sister on a pedestal and never make her upset. The slightest problem would lead to him yelling at us. He would get pretty loud and say things he shouldn't. All of this would happen when my mother was not around.

Now 6 years later I'm 16 and my older sister is 18 and my younger sister is 8 and things have spiraled out of control. Over the years my mom taught us to cook and clean around the house. My sister and I do a lot around the house to help my mom out since she works a lot. My stepfather only works a couple days a week. While he's home he tells my sister and me to cook and clean and take care of everything around the house while he lays down and watches tv or naps. He yells at us for everything and complains about everything we do. Whenever we try to tell my mom he pretends he never does anything. My mom believes us but at the same time she has not seen him act this way with us. She used to stand up for us a lot but lately she has stayed quiet and doesn't really do anything about it. Being home is something horrible.

What I want to know is whether I should tell my dad about everything that is going on, but I fear hurting my mom if my dad asks us to go live with him, which is what I want, or to just try to keep talking to my mom about changing things and take this treatment until I move out ?

Comments (8)