SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heidimattern

Husband wont stand up to his son

heidimattern
14 years ago

I have been staying in a hotel for a few days to cool off because sunday when we took my husbands two sons home the oldest who is 15 but acts like hes 6 was making these god awful faces in the backseat and I said something about it. My husband immedately jumped to the boys defense..."hes not doing anything wrong whats he hurting kind of thing" Weather he was or not doing anything wrong I feel that my husband should have waited to say anything to me in front of him. This boy and I do not get along. He is disrespectful and hateful with me and so I tend to be the same way with him. My husband says he will talk to him but as far as I know he has not yet..or says he cant remember what was said "yeah right!" This is been happening more and more frequent and the kid doesnt really talk to me disrespectful in front of my husband but hubby says hes never around when he does it so he doesnt say anything...I feel my husband should stand up for me and I do not know where my marriage will go if he doesnt. This kid knows daddy will come to his defense...when is it my turn! My husband and I have only been married a month today but have been together for just about 2 years, but the worse has just started. Hubby doesnt understand what message he is sending but I do I have been through this before. I love my husband and I want to come home, but I dont think he truely knows how much this is hurting me even though I tell him all the time he doesnt listen and its driving a wedge between us so bad...If he would just demand that this kid show me respect instead of sugar coating everything he does with him I would be in a different frame of mind as well and not resent the kid myself...Hubby makes excuses for him constantly "well his Mom lets him talk to her that way so when he comes to our house he doesnt know any better" this is what he tells me...BS the kid knows he just manipulates his Dad and I am paying for it through my tears..I want my husband to show me that he loves me and I am not feeling it...

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia