SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cmestep

Inheritance and so on...

cmestep
13 years ago

My DH and I have been married for 3 1/2 yrs. I'm his fourth wife, he is my third....I know, I know. He has 4 "adult" sons. I have no kids. My DH has received a very large inheritance amount from his Mom ( with more to come after she passes). He has given 90% to his kids. He gave us a small amount which was nice, but he has given them money to bail them out of things THEY should be bailing themselves out of. He states that it is his money and he'll do what he wants with it. He also states that he won't touch the money we have, just this that came from his Mom. I don't understand it, he's not saving ANY for his use ( fix his motorcycle, his dad's old truck that's rotting in our driveway). He hates where we live, but I guess doesn't want to do anything about it, he's also not saving any for retirement. We have "some retirement", but not much. This is soooo frustrating. Is this rational thinking? Do I sound like a loon? I know I havn't been around for a long time, but I know when you trying to buy the kids off, and your not helping them GROW up. So....with that said, and he's NOT going to change this ( and remember, he's not going to touch our money), can you guys help me get my mouth up off the floor and stop thinking about this? Suggestions are what I need. I can't change him, but I can change me.

Comments (7)