SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sking_2004

Help with a step-son

sking_2004
15 years ago

I had a baby 4 months ago with my husband. He already has a son who is 8 years old. My husband and his ex shared 50/50 custody of him until December when we received full custody due to some unfortunate circumstances.

We have been married for 2 years now and in the beginning my step son was great. We got along really well. At the end of my pregnancy I started getting these weird feelings and didn't really want him around. I figured it would go away once the baby was born and I saw how he was with him.

Well the feelings haven't gone away. I just don't like to be around him and do stuff with him. I'm grinning and baring it though and trying to do my best. My main question is how to I handle all of the "I love yous" from him? I'm a firm believer in not saying "I love you" if you don't mean it and he's saying it all the time. It makes me uncomfortable and I don't know what to say back to him that won't cause him to cry and through a fit saying I hate him. I don't hate him, I just don't love him.

Please help!! :(

Comments (21)