SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovehadley

Pretty darn angry!

lovehadley
14 years ago

I really don't care much about BM or what she says/thinks/etc.

HOWEVER I am pretty darn infuriated with her and have to vent!

DH & I are DONE with fertility treatments. After 28 months, we have decided to pursue adoption. I feel in my heart this is the right choice for us. Not to get too religious, but I feel that this is the path God has chosen to take...and I'm more excited about it than I've EVER been about getting pregnant!

BUT...guess what...we are just starting our homestudy process and applying with different agencies/programs and I've had to obatin copies of the child abuse allegation made against me, I've had to write a letter of explanation and I've had to obtain the copy of the eventual "safe home report' we received. (Actually, I haven't gotten the latter just yet, I had to go in and apply for it and will receive the official form in the mail in the next couple weeks.)

Now this is all OKAY and will not prohibit us from adoption. Our social worker assured me she's had many people in similar situations (parents in custody battles, teachers, etc.) but it DOES all have to be carefully documented.

THIS ALLLEGATION will follow me for the REST OF MY LIFE. EVERYTIME a child abuse registry is run, my name will come up as having a "file.' Even though that file was closed.

SO..I have to say...I am pretty ticked off! Even though it's not a "problem" persay, I hate having to explain ANYTHING.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH