Return to the Stepfamily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
creepy!!!

Posted by nikemama (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 4, 09 at 11:06

Did you know that if you search your own Username everything you have ever typed on this site will come up? I don't like that. I don't think you will see me around anymore. But Thanks for all the help!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: creepy!!!

So live that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. - Will Rogers

o

There is really no such thing as anonymity on the internet but you can create a username here that nobody in your real life would be able to associate with you. Some posters have changed their usernames once or twice (and some have more than one online identity here) so the only way for someone to search your username is if you use the same username from your email address or something that other people would know to search for.

On this forum, other users will search your username for old posts so they can see how long you have been posting, what your situation may be so they know where you're coming from and sometimes to discredit someone or find contradicting information or for other reasons.

o

As IMA said nothing on the internet is annonymous. What I did was go and create a yahoo e-mail address with mom2emall in it and did not use my real name. Then I used that e-mail and this screenname for this site. Mom2emall is a name I only use on here and is not linked to anything in my real life.

I am not ashamed of anything I discuss on here, but there are a lot of personal details that I wanted to be more annonymous. I come on here and discuss things that I would not always discuss with people I know in my "real life". I am able to vent on here whereas in real life I don't want to be a big complainer.

So go create a new e-mail address and a new screenname on here and re-join us!

o

I googled my user name and there are so many related sites to "believer" that I looked through page 13 and gave up. I am what I am and what I have said on here is the truth of my life. People who know me would not be at all surprised to read what I have posted. They may not always like it but I am pretty much an open book.

I can see why others might want to stay completely anonymous though and they should do what they need to so that they can speak freely here. I think this site is really important for those who need help so if you feel that you have to change your user name so that it isn't traced back to you then do it. Create an email, like m2em did, that is used just for this site. Just don't give this up if you have found it helpful.

o

I googled my username and came up with a lot of other people. Maybe we all used to work at the same place? Most were better looking than me.

o

Nike, Go to Boardreader and type in your user name...Any site you visited with that name will come up, not just this one.....For the record, I m not the Dotz that was arrested for bigamy, or filed bankruptcy on Google......

o

"I m not the Dotz that was arrested for bigamy, or filed bankruptcy on Google......"

ROFLMAO

o

Sure you aren't Dotz . . . sure you aren't . . . :-)

I do have an uncommon screen name, and my SD does not what it is. I wonder every once in a while if she would ever tell her mom about this and if she's search me out, but nothing I say here is untrue, it would only be uncomfortable to 'go there' with her mom. Plus, I'd lose this great outlet!

o

How can you change your username? Do I need to delete this account or can I adjust it? I can't figure out how to do it when I go in my profile

o

JNM,

I thought of you as not martha stewart -- that was the connection I thought of .

o

JNM

I thought the same thing as kkny....I thought "Good, I'm not Martha Stewart either!" you're probable more like her than I thought now.....I feel like I should bake some bread or make my own napkins and candles or something. At least wash some dishes.

o

you can change your username, I just think we should let each other know who we are so people don't assume that it is a different person. liesbeth, just create a new account and start posting under new name.

KK some were better looking than you lol lol It is too funny.

o

That's exactly it - most of my friends call me Martha because of the things I do, but 'sometimes ya feel like a Martha, sometimes ya don't.'

Clean dishes are SD's duty!! :-)

o

Lots of pseudomom's out there :)

Good thing I transformed months ago.

o

Just for the record, I do not play online role-playing games. LOL! You will not meet me on WOW or DND.

I googled my username and found a TON of different people with the same name. It's anyone's guess as to who I really am HA HA HA HA *evil scientist laugh*.

If BM or X or X's GF ever found this place, they wouldn't find anything untrue. They'd probably be p*ssed that I come here. It would be an uncomfortable situation, but they would know what was said here was the truth.

I keep thinking about Kathline and how that whole thing went down. I feel so sorry for her because she had nowhere to feel safe. She didn't feel safe at home and then they hunted her down here, too. Obviously those people "hunted" her down for whatever reason.

o

I agree Ashley, I hope BM will not find me here because it would be uncomfortable, but at the same time I don't make anything up and I'm not here to 'just have a go at her'. I'm here for myself, I feel better being able to share some of the stuff that happens and I have gotten some good advise which helps us deal with situations better. That is good and beneficial for the skids so I don't feel bad or sneaky or anything like that, I feel good coming here!!

o

I personally hope that my kids SM comes here so she can see how REAL SM's are supposed to behave. One reason I came here was to see if my expectations were out of line. At times I disagree with some of the SM's but for the most part every SM seems to know their place in skids lives and act accordingly. Even if they sometimes grumble (here) while doing it. Me personally, nothing to hide that I wouldnt say to her f**** face.

o

I do wonder if there are any legal ramifactions if someone read what was posted and thought it was libelous or slanderous...But how could you go to a judge and say I think Sadmary is talking about me??? A lot of similarities in a situation dont prove you and Sadmary are connected...It is the worldwideweb....Would it be enough information for a judge to issue a court order to find out? I dont think so...

o

Lady, you are right, my guess is most of the people here are blue in the face from telling the people involved IRL exactly what they are saying here.

o

Dotz, I don't think anyone could. One poster here wrote a bunch about it and from what I remember they have to say names and they would have to prove the damage it has done in real life for libel and slander.

However, I have heard of internet postings being used in custody/family law court cases. One of my close friends just went to court and was able to use Myspace and a blogging journal postings in her case. They didn't say her by name, but she was able to prove the author so they admitted all of it into her case.

o

Curious, what went down with Kathline? Her x hunted her down here?

o

"They didn't say her by name, but she was able to prove the author so they admitted all of it into her case."

I've blogged about BM, not using her name. I guess if she wants to use it in court, would she have to admit to being the deadbeat that never calls her daughter that I wrote about?

o

Ima, I would hope most judges would have more common sense than to rely on any venting here. The only situation I can imagine judges caring about is if internet, especially picutres, gave evidence of illegal actions, abuse, drugs, alchohol, etc.

o

In my friends case, there were times and dates added up to when her Ex had the kids but he was either out drinking or throwing (wild) parties while the kids were at his house and rants he wrote about her.

o

If you type in my user name, most of the results are for the tractor, lawnmower, and tool forums--none of which I've ever posted in!

I've never said anything in these forums I haven't vocalized, numerous times, so it doesn't make any difference to me. I've been on the "top topics" forum for the past week where I've reached the conclusion they may wish to consider renaming it to "lukewarm topics."

o

I want to be Mustang Sally or something cool like that. I have never said anything to anyone IRL about this place. I write at work so I guess I am pretty "safe." DH knows I use Nikemama but He is a man and would likely not be able to remember what I said to save his life.

o

Ladyflutter - Yeah....actually it was her hubby's XW's hubby (the SC's SF) that hunted her down. Read all of her posts and then posted way too much personal information trying to prove that she is the person he thought she was. She denied it so he kept posting. States where she lived, her real name, and other stuff as well. GW took the thread down, thank God. That was just wrong of them to do! He and his wife (Kathline's hubby's XW) would switch off posting. And the only things these people could refute were subjective things. I really felt for her being attacked like that whether or not it really was her they were talking about.

o

lady, the main problem was that kathline claimed to have shared custody and watching SKs after school during the week, she also posted how much her DH makes.

People who tracked her down said that the SKs live in a different state, see dad only once in awhile, and when they visit dad, kathline usually goes on trips somewhere else so she never watches them.

They also claimed that whatever income dad showed for CS purposes was significantly less than what kathline says he makes. So they planned on file for adjustement of CS since he apparently makes much more than he says. so it could be dangeorus to post here whatever wihtout thinking.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stepfamily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here