SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christyjay

Help! My fiancee's 7 year old daughter still sleeps in his bed!!

ChristyJay
13 years ago

I really need some sound advice! I am getting married in 3 months to an amazing guy! He is a great Dad...however..I really think his parenting with his daughter is questionable at best. His seven year old daughter refuses to sleep in her own bed at night. She throws a fit when I am there on weekends, and her Dad tries to get her to sleep in her own bed...so to avoid a lack of sleep, he asks me to sleep in HER bedroom for the night so that his daughter gets the sleep she needs. I have been with my fiancee for a year and a half...and this has not improved..even though he claims he is working on it with her. She also uses the master bathroom. Has all her hair accessories, toothbrush,etc in that bathroom and showers there. I use the bathroom down the hall that my fiance's son uses. I am so worried that I will marry this man and be moving into his daughter's room rather than be able to sleep with my husband and use the master bathroom!! It's a very strange arrangement. He is very doting on her, kissing her on the mouth at times... and she is all over him constantly. It is just weird for me. Will it ever change or should I be reconsidering? His ex wife left him and the kids about 8 months before I started dating him. His kids still see their Mother every other weekend...but she threatens to move out of state all the time, and moved out and divorced my fiancee because she didn't want the responsibilities of being a mother.

Comments (35)