SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angelnetta

How do I go about the adoption process for my son?

angelnetta
15 years ago

I live in Cherokee County, Ga and am getting married in a few days and my fiance wants to adopt my 2 year old son not to long after. My sons bio father is not there for my son at all really and has only seen him once since he was born, calls every other week, and does not even contribute any support at all. He left me a week before his own flesh and blood was born for my so called friend and moved to Idaho. I lived in Arizona at the time and he was not put on the birth certificate because he was not there to sign it cause we were not married. My fiance was there for the birth and has been taking care of my son as his own since. Do I have to have the father sign over right even if he does not even care about the adoption and is not on the birth certificate? I do not have a address for him and he moves to much to even send him anything. I do not know how to go about the adoption process. We are trying to do it as less expensive as possible. Does any one know how to even get it started and what should I expect? How long does it take? And do I have to file in the same county??

Comments (6)