SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amber904

BIG decision to make...

amber904
15 years ago

Okay, it's a very complicated story but that's my life, right?! My husband and I have 5 kids living with us. 2 are my bios, 2 are my step kids and we have one together. The bio mom lives in another state. Last year we found out that the biomom's third son is actually my husband's son also. He and she tried to work things out about 4 months before I met him, so I know that that all happened BEFORE me. She had another boyfriend at that time and so they both thought that the baby was her boyfriends. She even named her son after her boyfriend. I guess when they broke up she went after him for child support and they had a paternity test done and it turned out not to be her boyfriends child. That's how they found out he was my husband's baby. He's 3 and a half now. Anyways, she had another boyfriend and another baby(8 months old) and about 5 days ago they broke up and she went on the run. She moved out of state to her father's house and now her boyfriend is sure he is going to fight for custody. She gave my husband custody of the two older kids 3 years ago by not showing up to court. As far as my husband's younger son, he is thinking about gaining custody of him also. The reasons he hasn't filed are

1. Her bf was taking good care of both and had raised him for the last 2 years

2. We have 5 kids already

3. He never bonded with him because he didn't know he was his.

Now, he is worried because she is without a home, job, and is about to have a warrant for her arrest for non-payment of child support(to my husband). We also just found out (from her x bf) that she has been working, but with a fake ss# as to get out of paying child support. I'm not sure but I think that means jail time also. My husband doesn't want his son to go through bouncing around from house to house. Biomom's x-bf told my husband that he thinks the baby deserves the life that we can give him. I'm just not sure I can handle it. 5 kids is a lot to handle. I know, what's one more, right! I think I could do it but I just wanted to know what your opinions are. I want to support my husband. I am a stay-at-home mom so it is my job already to take care of the kids when they are sick, make doctor and dental appts, do homework and cook for all of these kids. One more is really a big deal to me. And believe me, my husband is WONDERFUL at helping me with everything, but I do most of it. What do you think??????

Comments (20)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus