SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovehadley

Need help figuring this out

lovehadley
15 years ago

My SS is usually, overall, kind of cold to me. He will occasionally hug me or tell me he loves me but not often. He is just kind of neutral towards me, and I am probably similar. I hug him and tell him I love him every night before bed, but that's pretty much the extent of any physical interaction we have.

He has been disrespectful/mouthy to me in the past but DH has been *better* about putting a stop to that. I don't take that personally so much because I have heard SS around his mom and he is WAY worse to her, and he's also mouthy with DH at times, too.

I am almost NEVER alone with JUST SS. For example, every other Saturday when he is with us, DH works, and I have both the kids from 9-6. Here's the thing, though----when my DD is not around, SS morphs into this sweet, talkative, friendly kid with me. DD has an acting class from 10-11:30 every Sat. SS is SO friendly to me when she is not there.

Same thing this morning--my DD had a Father's Breakfast at her school this AM, so I got my SS ready for school, etc. while they went to that. Since it was just the two of us, he was SO sweet and friendly.

So I am thinking his coldness to me has something to do with jealousy of DD? Maybe he feels it is not his place? I don't know! Any ideas?

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Moda Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living