SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karen10125

Ungrateful Stepdaughter

Karen10125
11 years ago

so my stepdaughter, who is very unappreciative to start with, got married 2 months ago. For the year prior to her wedding, her father and I did many things for her and ending up also paying about 1/4 of the wedding cost. Nothing was every good enough though. I did all kinds of extra things to make her engagement and wedding special and never even received one thank you. I've been married twice, both weddings were fairly small and we paid for everything ourselves. I would have been happy if someone gave me $20 toward my wedding. We surprised her with a lavish wedding cake that she couldn't afford on her own. We even bought her an expensive wedding gift and didn't get a thank you for that either. I'm ready to just call it quits and my husband, who acknowledges all of his daughter's bad behavior, doesn't understand why I'm tired of dealing with this lack of appreciation, respect, etc. There's more to her bad behavior than just the wedding, she doesn't even ackowledge her father on his birthday or Father's Day. She's said mean things to both of us. She's suddenly on friendly terms with people who have treated him badly. He's been a great dad, always been there for her, I don't get it. Her mom walked out on both of them years ago, but is in her life now. And now she's pregnant, so he wants me to be all ga-ga over a baby, but I can't be. I've told him to just try to have a good relationship with her, but leave me out, I'm done. Am I wrong? This has gone on for 10+years now, she's 32 years old now.

Comment (1)