SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

Valentines Day cancellation

mom2emall
15 years ago

So Monday night BM called to make plans to take the kids this weekend. We said sure. SD has a game you will need to take her to on Sat. morning, but the rest of the weekend is free. Of course BM sounded upset that she may have to drive the 10min from her house to sd's school for the game! She made the comment that she may only be able to take the other 2 kids.

So yesterday she calls and says that she did not realize that Saturday was Valentine's Day and she has plans so she will not be taking the kids for the weekend.

I told her that we also had plans because she committed to taking the kids. She then said well "I can not take them".

I replied with "thats ok we do EVERYTHING for the kids anyways so you go ahead and enjoy Valentine's Day without them...they are used to being disappointed by you and you are used to not seeing them anyways!"

Then I hung up.

I am tired of being nice to her. I am tired of biting my tongue.

Last night we told the kids the truth, that their mom called and said since it was Valentine's Day and she forgot she had plans she was not taking them.

The girls looked shocked. Asked why BM did that? We said we are not sure but they can ask her when they speak to her next time.

Comments (13)